Privacy Notice – ISTE and Metiri Group
This website privacy notice information has been put together to explain how, why, and when we collect data from you on the istestandardspd.org website.
Please note that this privacy notice only applies to data that we collect when you visit the ISTE – Metiri Group website at istestandardspd.org.
- What data we collect and how we use it We may collect the following categories of information on our website and use them for the purposes explained below:
- Website activity: Data about your browsing activity on our website.
- Device and browser information: Technical information about the device or browser you use to access our website. For example, your device type.
- Contact Information: If you choose to provide your name, email address or phone number.
- Account Information: If you sign up for an online account, we will collect your username and a password and other information to necessary to open and access your account.
- Customer Service Information: Information you may provide to customer service including survey responses.
- Financial Information: Credit card number or other payment account information. This information is collected directly by our payments processor and not stored by ISTE or Metiri Group.
We use this data to:
- Provide ISTE or Metiri Group services, products, and customer support
- Prevent potential fraud and enforce our Terms of Service
- Customize, measure, and improve our website and services
- Deliver targeted marketing to you
- Contact you by email or phone about your account or our services including to market our services to you
- The website does not participate in any data sharing activities.
- Personal Information. We may request contact and other personal information in order to fulfill transactions, the purchase of goods or services, registration for events, or to respond to requests for information. We may also use your contact information to market products and services. We reserve the right to share certain membership information with qualified third-party vendors for offerings that we determine to be of interest to our members. If you’d rather not receive those offers, you may ask to be removed from any or all lists not directly related to our membership services by contacting our list manager.
- Security We apply technical, administrative and organizational security measures to protect the data we collect against accidental or unlawful destruction and loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, in particular where the processing involves the transmission of data over a network, and against other unlawful forms of processing.
- Changes to this privacy notice Changes to this Privacy Notice will be posted on this page. If we make a material change to our privacy practices, we will provide notice on the site or by other means as appropriate.
- Contact us with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 310-822-1200